Traditional Stuffing (Bread - Dressing)
A perfect gluten free twist on a holiday classic. Savory and full of herbs, this stuffing can be enjoyed all year round.
|1 package||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|1/4 cup||olive oil|
|2 stalks / stems||celery, chopped|
|1||garlic cloves, minced|
|2 tbsp||sage leaves|
|2 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|1 tbsp||chopped rosemary|
|3 cups||chicken stock|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" x 12" baking dish well with cooking spray.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat warm the olive oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic with a bit of salt and pepper to taste into the pan and cook until the veggies start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the fresh herbs and cook a further 2 minutes to meld flavors then turn off heat.
- Place the bread cubes into a large mixing bowl and add the warm vegetable herb mixture to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the eggs and stock together to combine along with a bit of pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the bread cubes and stir well. Allow the liquid to be absorbed for a few minutes. Add a bit more stock if needed to achieve your preference of moistness.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. then remove the foil and bake a further 10 minutes till the top is golden brown but not dry. Serve warm straight away.