Super Veggie Bread Bake
This savory baked bread dish is sure to please everyone. A quick and easy vegetarian dish for all.
|9 slices||Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds|
|2.5 oz||spinach, chopped|
|5||crimini mushrooms, de-stemmed and chopped|
|1 medium||roma tomato, chopped|
|2||green onions, finely chopped|
|3 1/4 cups (low sodium)||vegetable stock|
|3 1/4 (low sodium)||chicken stock|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|1 pinch/es of (if desired)||red chili flakes, crushed|
|1/2 cup||sharp cheddar cheese, grated|
- Grease a 10" x 14" baking dish with non stick cooking oil. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cube the bread slices into bite sized pieces and add them to the prepared baking dish. Scatter the spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions on top.
- With clean hands toss all gently to mix well and incorporate all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and a bit of crushed red chili flakes if using.
- In a measuring jug combine the stock and eggs and whisk till the eggs are beaten.
- Pour this mixture over top and pat down with a spoon to ensure all bread is covered and soaking up the liquid.
- Let stand for 20 minutes to all the bread to absorb the liquid slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F uncovered for 30 minutes, then take out of oven and sprinkle the cheese generously all over top.
- Place back in the oven uncovered and cook the remainin 15 minutes untill the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted and gooey. Serve either warm or cool.