Better You Breakfast Bake
Let this Better You Breakfast Bake help you on your way to a new you in the New Year! Protein packed, low fat, full of heart healthy veggies….what more could you need to start your day and your New Year off right. This is a perfect make ahead breakfast meal to keep you going all week.
|4 slices||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|1 ½ cups||baby spinach|
|3 oz (Canadian)||diced bacon|
|1 x 32 oz||egg whites|
|pinch/es of||sea salt|
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176°C).
- Cube the slices of bread.
- Scatter the cubes of bread in the well greased baking dish - you’ll need an 8” x 12” oven safe baking dish, well greased with vegetable spray.
- Next scatter the chopped spinach, tomato halves and roughly diced Canadian bacon on top of the bread cubes.
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl combine the egg whites and milk (we used almond milk). Whisk well with a pinch of salt and as much pepper as desired.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture all over top of the cubed bread and veggies till everything is well covered.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes until fully cooked and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before slicing. Serve and enjoy either warm or cool.