Raspberry Cream Napoleons
Do you dream of delicate and flaky French pastries? If so, you’ll enjoy this gluten-free modern take on classic French Napoleons featuring a delicious raspberry cream filling.
|1 package||Puff Pastry Dough|
|8 oz||cream cheese|
|1/2 cup||powdered sugar|
|1/2 cup thawed||whipped cream|
|For the decoration:|
|a little bit of||powdered sugar|
- Thaw Puff Pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll sheets of Puff Pastry. Place parchment or wax paper sheet over dough. Gently roll dough to seal any cracks.
- Cut each Puff Pastry sheet into 9 equal-size rectangles to make a total of 18.
- Transfer to two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Pierce each piece of dough several times with a fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool 10 minutes.
- Place ⅓ cup raspberries in a small bowl and crush with a fork.
- Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir briskly to combine.
- Fold in whipped topping and crushed raspberries.
- Place a baked pastry piece on a flat surface. Spread with a layer of the raspberry cream.
- Top with a second piece of pastry, then spread on another layer of raspberry cream.
- Top with a third piece of pastry. Decorate the top layer with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of raspberry cream and a whole raspberry.
- Repeat to make a total of 6 Napoleons.
- Chill Napoleons until serving time.
- You can fortify the raspberry cream so that it holds up longer. Completely dissolve ½ tsp unflavored gelatin in 2 tsp hot water. Gently stir gelatin mixture into the raspberry cream.