Baked Apple with Crumble
These baked apples are a healthy dessert alternative that is sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. The gluten free crumble goes well on any pie or cobbler dish.
|4 slices||Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds|
|4 tbsp||coconut oil|
|2 tbsp||brown sugar|
|1 cup||gluten free rolled oats|
|3 tbsp||slivered almonds|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|a little bit of||almond butter|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the 10 Grains & Seeds into cubes, around a square centimeter. Heat up 2 tb(sp) coconut oil to liquify, if necessary, in the microwave.
- Toss bread cubes in coconut oil.
- Spread the cubes on a baking sheet lined in foil and bake for 10 min, till just starting to brown.
- Put cubes into a blender and blend until a thick crumb.
- Cut the apples in half and de-core and de-stem them. Wrap foil around the bases, leaving tails to cradle the tops.
- Poke the top of the apple repeatedly with a fork.
- Mix 2 tb(sp) coconut oil, oats, almond slivers, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt and breadcrumbs together.
- Put a spoonful of almond butter on top of each apple half and sit on cupcake tin cup.
- Add crumble mixture to top and pat down.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Carefully take out of foil and enjoy.