The quintessential Italian dessert: tempting crème of delicate Schar Ladyfingers, mascarpone, coffee and cocoa. Close your eyes and enjoy!
|1 large||egg yolk|
|8 oz||mascarpone cheese|
|1 + 1/4 cups||espresso, brewed|
|2 tbsp||cocoa powder|
- Beat 3 egg yolks with sugar, then add the mascarpone and rum.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Soak the ladyfingers well in coffee; they should not be too hard in the middle.
- Arrange Ladyfingers closely together in a flat glass or ceramic dish.
- Cover them with half of the mascarpone mixture, then add another layer of Ladyfingers and top with another layer of the mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.