A heavenly dessert! Smooth chilled coffee crème with fine Ladyfingers!
|2 cups||coffee, strong|
|a little bit of (for soaking the savoy biscuits)||coffee, sweetened|
|5 + 1/2 oz||sugar|
|1/4 oz||potato starch|
|4 oz||whipping cream|
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and potato starch until foamy.
- Bring the milk to the boil, and trickle it into the egg yolk mixture very slowly, so that the custard doesn´t collapse, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to cook on a very low heat.
- As soon as the custard has set, add the coffee and stir well.
- Lastly, carefully fold in the stiffly beaten cream. In a flat serving bowl, alternate layers of biscuits dipped in sweetened coffee with layers of whipped cream, finishing with a layer of cream.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours before serving.