Turkey, Fresh Basil Pesto & Provolone Sandwich
The Schär Artisan Baker Multigrain bread is the most delicious vehicle for all these gorgeous ingredients. Deli turkey, crisp slices of tomato, the peppery bite of arugula, fresh and zingy basil pesto and melty, ooey gooey provolone cheese. This sandwich will have you impressing yourself!
|2 slices||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|a little bit of||butter at room temperature|
|1-2 slices||mild Provolone cheese|
|a little bit of||deli turkey|
|a little bit of||basil pesto|
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with a bit of the softened butter.
- Add the provolone cheese to one slice of bread on the unbuttered side.
- In a medium sized skillet on medium high heat, grill the slices of bread, buttered side down for a few minutes to get some color on the bread. Once golden brown, remove the slice of bread without the cheese and place on a cutting board or plate.
- Flip the piece of bread with the cheese so it is cheese side down and cook for about 30 seconds to get a bit of color on the cheese. Once golden brown, remove from pan.
- Spread a bit of the fresh basil pesto on the naked slice of bread on the unbuttered side.
- Layer the turkey slices on top of the fresh basil pesto. Layer on the tomato slices and a bit of arugula.
- To finish spread a bit more pesto on top of the provolone cheese and combine the two halves to form your sandwich.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.