Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
A rich, fluffy pie offering layers of delicious pumpkin, vanilla pudding, cream cheese and fall spices.
|4 oz||cream cheese, softened|
|1 tbsp||semi-skimmed milk|
|1 + 1/2 cups||whipped cream|
|2 tbsp||melted butter|
|1 cup (cold)||semi-skimmed milk|
|2 packages||vanilla pudding|
|1 can||pumpkin puree|
|1 tsp||cinnamon, ground|
|1/2 tsp||ginger, ground|
|1/4 tsp||cloves, ground|
|a little bit of||caramel syrup|
|a little bit of||whipped cream|
- Crush a box of Schar Honey Graham Crackers and mix with 2 tbsp of melted butter. Press into a pie plate and bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of Half & Half, and sugar until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping, avoid over mixing! Spread into bottom of a prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate while preparing the next layer.
- In a large bowl whisk pudding mix and 1 c. half and half until thickened, fold in pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Gently spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, or until set.
- Drizzle lightly with caramel sauce, toasted walnuts and add a dollop of fresh whipped cream just prior to serving!