Herby chicken burgers
Herby chicken burgers served on a delicious white roll you won’t believe is gluten free!
Lovely served with crunchy salad and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce. You can also swap the chicken for turkey mince for a lower fat version.
|35 g||Wholesome White Loaf|
|4||Frozen White Rolls|
|500 g||chicken mince|
|1 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|½ tsp||salt and pepper|
|2 tsp||lemon juice|
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, thinly sliced spring onions, crushed garlic and herbs and seasoning until all the ingredients are blended together.
- Add the lemon juice, and medium egg and bind together with a fork.
- Shape into 4 thick burgers, either in a burger press or by pressing firmly into balls and flattening with the hands.
- To cook, either place on a greased frying pan or BBQ. Cook the burgers 10-12 minutes per side. Ensure the burger is cooked through, if not, return to the heat until cooked.
- To serve: Place lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato on the bottom half of the roll, top with the chicken burger and a dollop of sweetcorn or gluten-free tomato relish and then place on the top of the roll.