Boxing Day Pizza
A simple and delicious snack using the Christmas leftovers. Ideal for a quick dinner or as part of the Boxing Day buffet.
|1||Pizza Margherita Lactose Free|
|3-4 slices||turkey, cooked|
|2 tbsp||leftover stuffing|
|25 g||Mozzarella, grated|
|to serve||cranberry sauce|
|For the stuffing:|
|115 g||Wholesome Seeded Loaf|
|1 small||chopped onion|
|1 stick||celery, cubed|
|2 tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp||dried parsley, chopped|
|25 g||ready to eat apricot, cut into small pieces|
|50 ml (fresh)||orange juice|
|2 tbsp||cranberry sauce|
|25 g||walnuts, chopped|
|25 g||pine kernels|
- Preheat the oven 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 7.
- Top the pizza with cut turkey slices, crumble over the stuffing and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Place on the middle shelf and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a lovely dollop of cranberry sauce in the centre of the pizza
To make the stuffing:
- Crumble or place in a food processor the Wholesome Seeded Bread, the crust can also be used, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and fry the onion and celery until soft and very lightly browned. Add to the breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the parsley, apricots and nuts (if using) and seasoning. Pour in the orange juice and stir in the cranberry sauce.
- Bind the mixture together and make into 6-8 stuffing balls and cook Gas Mark 5/ 190°C for 20 minutes, or place mixture in an ovenproof dish and cook at the same temperature for 35-40 minutes.