South of The Border Bread Pudding
This dish is a must-try for your upcoming family holiday gatherings! Made with our Artisan Baker White or Multigrain, it will be the perfect side dish for dinner or to bring to your office holiday potluck.
|1 package||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|12 slices||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|1 bag/sachet||gluten free cornbread, crumbled|
|2 cups||chicken broth|
|2 cups||whipping cream|
|2 cups||coconut milk|
|1 + 1/2 tsp||kosher salt|
|1 tsp||black pepper|
|3 cups||cheddar, shredded|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 + 1/2 pound||chorizo|
|1 large||onion, diced|
|1 (seeded, deveined and diced)||red bell pepper|
|(seeded, deveined, and minced)||jalapeno|
|1 + 1/2 cups||corn kernels|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread slices into about 1 inch pieces and place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Crumble the cornbread onto another baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Toast both bread for 20 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Leave oven on.
- In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, chicken broth, cream, salt, pepper and 2 cups grated cheese.
- Add the toasted bread and corn bread and stir well. Let sit for 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the breads are soaking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo and crumble into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring and breaking up the chorizo until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery, red pepper, jalapeño, corn, and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened and cooked through.
- About 10 minutes. Let cool slightly then stir the mixture into the bread mixture, mixing well.
- Spray a deep-dish lasagna pan or large rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture into the pan, top with the remining 1 cup cheese and bake for 45 – 55 minutes or until golden brown.