A bowl of warm soup is the best dish for cold days. In Malta, this traditional meatball broth recipe (also called “Brodu”) is very popular, especially in winter.
|2 tbsp||Paniermehl - Breadcrumbs|
|1 tbsp||beef broth|
|1 tbsp||tomato paste|
|250 g||minced beef|
|1 tbsp||grated cheese|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- Cut the carrots, marrows and potatoes into small pieces.
- Simmer them in water and add the beef broth, the tomato paste and the celery. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Combine the minced beef, egg, grated cheese, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.
- Form the mixture into small balls. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bring the broth to boil and put in the meatballs. Let it boil for another 10 minutes.
- Boil some water into a small saucepan. Put in the Anellini pasta and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- When ready, top the pasta with broth, vegetables and meatballs. Enjoy!