Egg TreatsTags: vegetarian
At a glance
- Preparation time
- 5 min
- Cooking time
- 10 min
salt and pepper
red chili flakes, crushed
- Separate the eggs. Place the whites in a medium-sized bowl and the yolks in two separate ramekins; take care not to break them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C and line a small tin or oven tray with a sheet of ovenproof paper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff as if making meringue using an electric hand beater or a mixer.
- Arrange the egg whites in two heaps on the tray and create a cavity in the centre of each with a spoon where the yolk will sit. Make sure that the edges are thick enough to contain the yolk.
- Cook the whites at 230°C for 2 minutes, then delicately place the yolks inside the cavity, add a little salt, pepper and ground chilli pepper.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the yolk has the desired texture.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread.