Miso Veggie Ramen Bowl
Yes, we at Schär are making your gluten free dreams come true with our recipe for a Miso Veggie Ramen Bowl!! You too can join in and enjoy the ramen rage. This has all of the savory flavors you’d expect from a ramen bowl, made a bit lighter though with all veggies. The meaty shitake mushrooms and perfectly poached egg will satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. We love to give you new and exciting ways to use our products. Our spaghetti is perfect for this dish. Warm up with this bowl of yum.
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1 tbsp||sesame oil|
|½ tbsp||ginger paste|
|2 tbsp||miso paste|
|⅓ cup||green onions|
|6 cups||vegetable broth|
|¼ cup||gluten free soy sauce|
|2 cups||shiitake mushrooms|
|3 cups||Pak Choi|
- In a medium 6 to 8 quart saucepan warm the vegetable and sesame oils on medium heat. Add in the garlic, ginger, miso paste and finely sliced green onions. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add the stock, soy sauce and de-stemmed and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Turn up the heat to high and bring to a gentle boil. Cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a small saucepan of water to a rolling boil on high heat. As soon as the water is boiling and the eggs in and cook exactly 6 ½ minutes, using a timer. Drain under cool water once cooked to stop the eggs from cooking further and set aside till plating.
- Uncover the stock, turn down the heat to low and cook 5 more minutes, simmering.
- Add in the well rinsed baby bok choy with trimmed ends and cook until the greens are slightly wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Assemble by dividing up the pre-cooked noodles into deep bowls as evenly as possible. Then evenly distribute the baby bok choy among the bowls using tongs. Next ladle broth and the mushrooms over top of the noodles and bok choy.
- Carefully peel the soft boiled large eggs and gently cut them in half.
- Place one egg per bowl gently on top of the noodles and greens.
- To finish garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and a bit more sliced green onions. Enjoy straight away whilst hot.