|2 slices||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|2 medium (deseeded, divided)||bell peppers|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 small||chopped onion|
|1 (crushed)||clove garlic|
|1 tsp||mixed herbs|
|200 g||chopped tomatoes|
|7/8 cup ,||tuna|
|1 tbsp||pecans, roughly chopped|
|1 tbsp||walnuts, coarsely chopped|
|2 tbsp||cheddar, shredded|
- Place the oil in a saucepan over a high heat, add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until the onion is lightly brown.
- Add the rice and mixed herbs, fry for 30 seconds and then add the chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a simmer until the rice is cooked, approximately 15 minutes. Add a little water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Drain the tuna and add to the rice mixture and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven 375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the peppers in an ovenproof dish; fill each halved pepper with the filling. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for approximately 40 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Meanwhile make the topping: place the Schär Multigrain breadcrumbs in a small bowl; add the chopped nuts and half the grated cheese.
- Divide the breadcrumb topping between the peppers and return the dish to the oven, uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top the peppers with the remaining cheese, return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.