Ahhh a taste of the New England summer any time you want it with our New England Lobster Roll. Decadent lobster meat in a creamy mayonnaise dressing with just a hint of crisp lemon, all served on top of a warm Schär Hot Dog Roll, griddled to perfection. This is giving the hot dog roll one luxurious makeover! Summer year round….sounds like a winning idea to us.
|1 package||Hot Dog Rolls|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|to taste||lemon juice|
- Poach lobster tail for 5 to 6 minutes in a medium saucepan of salted, boiling water. Drain and allow to cool enough to handle before proceeding.
- Lay the cooled lobster tail on a cutting board with the heavy shell side down. Using your hand apply pressure and flatten the tail to slightly crush it. You’ll hear a slight cracking sound. Flip the tail back over so the heavy shell side is now on the board and carefully with strong kitchen shears cut along the inside of the tail right down the center stopping at the end fin pieces. Using your hands split the shell in half outwards and remove all the lobster meat you can. This should be fairly easy now you’ve cut it. You may be able to pull all the meat out in one piece.
- Transfer the meat to a small cutting board and roughly chop the meat. You want nice big chunks to remain.
- Place the meat into a mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients into the bowl except for the minced chives and stir well. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the roll.
- Warm a small to medium sauté pan till piping hot on medium high heat. With a brush, brush the hot dog roll with either oil or some softened butter and grill/griddle to golden brown, about 1 minute each side. You can use another heavy pan pressed on top of the roll if you don’t have a griddle press to press down on the roll and get a nice golden brown color.
- Once the roll is griddled, remove the lobster mix from fridge and uncover. Fill the warmed, butter roll generously with all of the lobster mixture.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of sliced chives and enjoy straight away.