A deliciously easy gravy to make and enjoy all year round. Freeze any remaining gravy in an ice tray and defrost as needed.
|1/4 cup||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|5 tbsp (white)||rice flour|
|3 to 4 + 1/2 cups||chicken stock|
|3 to 4 + 1/2 cups||vegetable stock|
|3 to 4 + 1/2 cups||meat stock|
|1 1/2 tsp||sage|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- First make the roux. In a small non-stick saucepan over medium low heat warm the butter until slighly melted.
- Add in the flour and stir constantly for 4 minutes with a wooden spoon or whisk until it turns a golden brown color.
- Add in 1 cup of the warm stock and stir constantly until the liquid is absorbed and smooth. Continue this process until all the stock is added, 1 cup at a time, until you achieve the thickness and consistency you prefer.
- Cook on medium low heat until it starts to bubble, stirring constantly, for 3 more minutes.
- Add in the sage and a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat down to low and cook a further 2 minutes to allow the sage to wilt. Turn off heat, serve straight away.