Healthy New Years Eggy Bread-fast with Avocado
Hurray, the New Year has come!! All of your healthy wishes can come true if you start your day off with this.
|4 slices||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|1 + 1/2 tbsp||olive oil|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|a little bit of||Sriracha|
- On four small plates place a generous handful of arugula salad leaves on each plate and set aside.
- To prepare the bread, cut a 1+ ½ to 2 inch- diameter round hole in the center of each piece of bread and discard or eat the cut out bit. This is where the egg with get cracked and placed when cooking. Lightly oil or butter both sides of the bread.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm about 1 tablespoon oil, though depending on your pan more might be needed.
- Once the pan is piping hot, add two slices of the bread. Gently crack an egg into each hole in the bread, being careful to not break the yolks. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down slightly to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Then carefully flip each eggy bread slice over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your egg.
- Once cooked take out of pan and place one eggy bread on top of the plated arugula salad leaves.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for the remaining two eggy bread slices, adding more oil to the pan before frying. Alternatively you could fry all four at once if you have a large skillet.
- Once all are plated, cut your avocado in half and de-pit. Slice the avocados into even slices and divide evenly on top of each eggy bread slice.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper and if desired a bit of Sriracha chili sauce squeezed on top in any design you might like. Eat straightaway.