Chocolate O Brownies
Super squidgy and O so delicious, these tasty brownies are made using the Schär gluten and wheat-free Chocolate O's biscuits.
|100 g||Chocolate O's|
|150 g||dark chocolate|
|150 g||light brown sugar|
|15 g||cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|150 g||ground almonds|
|50 g||forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
- Preheat the oven to 170°C /150°C Fan/ Gas Mark 3. Grease the cake tin.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces. Add the butter to the chocolate and stand the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Once melted, remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the sugar. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs to make a thick and glossy mixture. Sift 15g of cocoa and the baking powder on top and add the ground almonds, berries and cherries. Break two thirds of the biscuits into small pieces and carefully mix together with a metal spoon.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin (a deep 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin) and smooth over the top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, break the remaining Chocolate Os into large pieces and add to the top. Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes until risen and slightly crusty on top – the mixture should be slightly soft underneath. Leave to cool completely in the tin and then remove. The brownies can be eaten straight away but hold better when stored overnight in an airtight container, make sure to wrap in greaseproof paper and then in foil.
- To serve cut into squares.