Tea Cup Chocolate and Orange Tiramisu. A classic Venetian dessert made easy using gluten free bread for the base. Serve in dainty tea cups to wow dinner guests.
|4-5 slices||Wholesome White Loaf|
|100 ml (fresh)||orange juice|
|250 ml||double cream|
|200 g||mascarpone cheese|
|1 tsp||orange extract|
|zest of an orange|
|100 g||icing sugar|
|150 g||dark chocolate|
|150 g||milk chocolate|
You will need 4 tea cups for this recipe.
- Remove the crusts and toast the bread slices on both sides and then soak in the orange juice for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and 75ml double cream together and bring to the boil, stirring constantly before allowing to cool slightly.
- Whisk the mascarpone, icing sugar, orange extract and orange zest together.
- Once combined, whip in 175ml double cream to form a stiff mixture – make sure you do not over whip.
- Take your 4 tea cups and layer the bread at the base, followed by the chocolate sauce and finally a layer of the creamy mixture.
- Repeat if possible depending on cup size until all the ingredients are used up.
- Place in fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Serve dusted with cocoa powder.
NB: to serve 8
- For larger parties, line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film, double the quantity of ingredients and follow the method.
- Chill for 3 hours..