The perfect appetizer for entertaining. Savory mushrooms filled with bacon, bell peppers and cheese. Try for your next party.
|1/2 cup||Bread Crumbs|
|2 slices||diced bacon|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 pound||mushroom caps|
|1/2 cup||mushroom stems|
|1/3 cup||onion, diced|
|1||garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2 cup||red bell pepper, minced|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese|
|1/2 tsp||italian seasoning|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking tray well with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove mushroom stems.
- Make sure all the mushroom caps can stand up on their own. If not, slice a bit off the tops with a small knife till sturdy.
- Arrange all the mushroom caps on the prepared baking tray with the de-stemmed side up and ready to stuff.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat fry the bacon until brown and crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Add the oil into the pan along with the minced mushroom stems, onions, garlic, bell peppers and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir well and sauté until the veggies soften, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once softened turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl add in the bread crumbs, parmesan, Italian mix and a bit of pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add the warm bacon and mushroom filling into the bread crumb mixture and stir well to combine.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with a bit of the filling, pressing it down firmly as you go to secure the filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Serve on a platter or tray and garnish with a sprinkling of chives. Serve warm.