Sesame seed covered onions
A unique spin – you absolutely have to try it out!
|8 oz||Bread Crumbs|
|12 oz||red onions|
|1 oz||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 oz||sesame seeds|
|235 ml (for frying)||oil|
- Peel the onions and cut into slices, each of around 1/4 a inch thick.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk, using a fork, until frothy.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, together with the parmesan cheese and the sesame seeds.
- Place the Schar bread crumbs onto a flat plate.
- Dip each onion slice first into the egg mixture, and then into the bread crumbs, covering both sides.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan ad fry the onions until golden brown.
- Lay the onion slices onto a piece of greaseproof paper and leave to drain. Serve immediately.