Fish and chips
A traditional British favourite, slash the fat using this homemade recipe rather than visiting the local Chippy!
|75 g||Wholesome Seeded Loaf|
|4 x 150 g||cod fillet|
|juice of one lemon|
|4 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|to taste||ground pepper|
- Prepare dried breadcrumbs from the Schär Wholesome Seeded loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the cod fillets in a bowl, sprinkle over the lemon juice and season well.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the peeled potatoes into thick chips.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the chips for 5 minutes.
- Drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, spray with low calorie cooking spray and season well.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste.
- Lightly beat the egg and place in a bowl.
- Dip each cod fillet into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs mixture to coat evenly.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place the chips in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the fish and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh parsley sprig.
A serving of this recipe is suitable for a low FODMAP diet. The Schär product* used in this recipe is certified as low in FODMAPs under the Monash University Certification Programme.
*Monash University Low FODMAP Certified trademarks used under licence in the United Kingdom by Dr Schär. One serve of this product can assist with following the Monash University Low FODMAP diet™. A strict low FODMAP diet should not be commenced without supervision from a healthcare professional.