Caramelised onion, spinach and goat’s cheese pizza
Who doesn’t love a tasty takeaway after a long week? Eating out or ordering in can be troublesome when you’re gluten-free but now you can have a ‘fake-away’ with your favourite toppings on our thin, Italian pizza base faster than the delivery guy could get to your door.
|2 tsp||olive oil|
|2 tsp||balsamic vinegar|
|50 g||baby spinach|
|75 g||pizza topping with herbs|
|2 tbsp||tomato puree|
|50 g||Mozzarella cheese|
|35 g||goat cheese|
|a little bit of||garlic oil|
|1 pinch/es of||black pepper|
- Preheat oven 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7.
- Heat the oil and balsamic vinegar in a medium frying pan over a medium to high heat, add the peeled and cut into rings onion and fry for 3 – 4 minutes until lightly softened.
- Place the spinach leaves in a bowl and pour over boiling water, leave for 30 seconds and drain.
- Place pizza base on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the tomatoes with herbs and tomato puree. Spoon the mixture on top of the pizza base and top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the caramelised onion rings and the wilted spinach on the top and then crumble over the goat’s cheese.
- Place the pizza on the greaseproof paper directly onto the top shelf, placing a baking sheet below and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with garlic oil and cracked black pepper before serving.