South German Spitzbuben (little rascal biscuits)
Along with seeing family and friends, presents, and wrapping up warm in front of the fire, one of the best parts of the Christmas season is traditional festive foods. These German cookies are a delicious gluten-free treat for you and the whole family to enjoy during the most wonderful time of the year.
|For the dough:|
|500 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|10 g||bourbon vanilla sugar|
|60 g||ground almonds|
|For the garnish:|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (top and bottom heat setting) for 12 minutes, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar in a food processor for 10 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks and continue stirring for another 10 minutes until the mixture has an airy consistency.
- Add the ground almonds to the mixture and then quickly stir in the sieved flour (the dough is still relatively soft, it will dry quickly so keep stirring).
- Wrap the dough in pre-floured clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out to 2 mm thick on a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the circular biscuit shapes and then bake them in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Fill the biscuits with jam and dust with icing sugar, and leave to rest.