Spiced Fruit Slice
An easy take on the classic Christmas pudding, packed with winter spice and mixed dried fruit.
|400 g||mixed dried fruit|
|100 g||dried cranberries|
|180 ml||orange juice|
|30 ml (optional)||brandy|
|30 ml (optional)||rum|
|170 g||tinned apple, chopped|
|30 g||sunflower seeds|
|140 g (DF)||dairy free margarine, melted|
|100 g||Muscovado sugar|
|3 tbsp||golden syrup|
|2 tsp||spice mixture|
|as required||nutmeg, ground|
|125 g||Wholesome Vitality Loaf|
|80 g||Mix it! Universal|
- Soak the mixed dried fruit and the cranberries overnight in the orange juice or cider, add in the rum if using.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped tinned apple, the soaked dried fruit, sunflower seeds, margarine, sugar, the beaten eggs, treacle and the spices.
- Whizz up the bread to a fine crumb, add in the mix it, stir everything together, make a wish and place it into a parchment lined 22cm x 22 cm square tin.
- Cover the top with parchment ensuring a good seal.
- Place into a preheated 160°C Fan for 45 minutes, remove, leave to cool then wrap in foil.