Sesame seed prawn toasts
This Chinese style appetiser is full of flavour. A perfect starter or addition to an oriental buffet.
|5 pieces of||Wholesome White Loaf|
|100 g||prawns cooked and shelled|
|1 tsp||corn flour|
|1 tsp||rice wine|
|50 g||sesame seeds|
|4 tbsp||vegetable oil|
- In a bowl chop together the prawns with the butter to form a paste and add all the other ingredients, except the sesame seeds, oil and the bread.
- Spread the sesame seeds evenly on a plate, spread the prawn paste on one side of each slice of bread, then press down on to the seeds.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until medium- hot, fry 2-3 slices of the sesame bread at a time, cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Cut each slice in half diagonally.
- Tip: the prawn toasts can be frozen for up to 1 month- ideally open freeze before frying and then place in a ridged container. Defrost thoroughly and then fry as per method. Alternatively cook and freeze in ridged container, defrost and heat through in oven 190°C/170°C Fan/ Gas mark 5 for 15 minutes until piping hot.