Chunky marmalade and dark chocolate bread and butter pudding
Layers of bread slathered with tangy marmalade, doused in a chocolaty fruity mixture. This recipe uses the Schär gluten and wheat free Wholesome White Loaf.
|6 slices||Wholesome White Loaf|
|35 g||dark chocolate chips|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|a little bit of||liquid or single cream|
- Use a small amount of the butter to grease a medium baking dish 1150mls (2 pint) capacity. Spread the remaining butter over one side of the slices of Wholesome White Loaf. Spread liberally with the chunky thick marmalade.
- Trim the crusts off the edges of the Wholesome white loaf and cut the slices into 3 diagonal 'roughly shaped' triangles. Lay 5-6 triangles flat at the base of the dish, angle the other slices and overlap them to fit.
- Scatter the sultanas and 25g of the chocolate chips over the bread.
- Beat the eggs in a large jug, then add the milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture all over the bread and let it soak in for a few minutes. Cover and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the freshly grated nutmeg and the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place in a preheated oven at 160°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3 for 45 minutes and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve with single cream.