The Weekend Treat
Lovely lazy Sundays, a nice long lie in with the newspaper and a cup of coffee, made perfect with these naughty but nice French toast sticks drizzled with yummy maple syrup and adorned with fresh berries.
|4 slices||Wholesome White Loaf|
|1/4 tsp||cinnamon, ground|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||maple syrup|
- Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow dish.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Cut the slices of bread in half and pass through the egg mixture ensuring that both sides are well coated and the bread is saturated with the egg mixture. Place into the frying pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes, turn over with a fish slice and cook the other side, repeat until all the egg mixture has been used.
- To serve cut the French toast into finger sticks and divide between 2 plates, add the fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and serve.
The Schär product* used in this recipe is certified as low in FODMAPs under the Monash University Certification Programme.
*Monash University Low FODMAP Certified trademarks used under licence in the United Kingdom by Dr Schär. One serve of this product can assist with following the Monash University Low FODMAP diet™. A strict low FODMAP diet should not be commenced without supervision from a healthcare professional.