Stuffed tomatoes on crunchy Ciabatta Rolls
A delicious infusion of flavours! This recipe is a great gluten free starter for a dinner party.
|4||White Ciabatta Rolls|
|4||Brown Ciabatta Rolls|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 ball||Mozzarella cheese|
|1 pinch/es of||black pepper|
|1 pinch/es of||sea salt|
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/180°c fan/gas mark 6. Cut the tops off tomatoes (keep tops) and scoop the insides into a sieve set over a bowl.
- Cut the mozzarella into chunks and snip or tear up the basil leaves.
- Sit the tomatoes in a baking dish. Add a few chunks of mozzarella into each tomato.
- Put a few torn basil leaves into each one.
- Tear or snip the red pepper cooked from a jar into pieces, then add a piece to each tomato. Add more mozzarella, basil and pepper in layers until each tomato is full.
- Put a blob of pesto in each tomato and then put the tops back on. Pour over the juices from the tomato insides and season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the rolls in half, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for 10–15 minutes until crispy.
- Serve the tomatoes on top of the crusty ciabatta and garnish with basil leaves.