A classic sweet treat, enjoy with sugar icing, chocolate frosting or simply icing sugar.
|For the dough:|
|500 g||Mix it! Universal|
|1 1/2 tsp||xanthan gum|
|3 tsp||dry yeast|
|2 tbsp||caster sugar|
|50 g||butter at room temperature|
|a little bit of||flour for the work surface|
- Mix flour, Xantham gum and salt in a bowl.
- Create a hollow in the centre and pour the yeast in with the sugar.
- Mix with a little flour. Add 1/3 of the warm milk and wait until the yeast forms bubbles. – 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add the egg and butter and mix with the remaining milk for 5 minutes (using a food processor or electric hand-held mixer) until it becomes a soft slightly sticky dough.
- Put the dough on a floured surface, form it into a roll and cut into 12 equal parts.
- With each portion of dough, create round pieces about 1 – 11/2 cm thick and approximately 3 cm in diameter, place a hole in the centre by using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof and then cover the doughnuts loosely with cling film.
- Leave the doughnuts to prove in a warm place for 40 minutes until lightly puffed. They will expand more in the hot oil.
- Heat the oil in the fryer at 160° C or in a pot and fry the doughnuts until they are browned on both sides.
- Eat within 24hrs