Sausage-Stuffed Mini Peppers
These stuffed sweet mini peppers with a savory sausage & breadcrumb filling are sure to please a crowd. So easy and so good!
|2 slices||Deli Style Bread Seeded|
|1 pound assorted mini||pepper|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1/2 cup minced||onion|
|1/2 pound ground||pork sausage|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put bread slice in food processor and pulse until into fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl.
- Slice mini peppers lengthwise and discard seeds. Arrange peppers cut side up on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 2 minutes, then add sausage. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Drain sausage and transfer to a large cutting board. Finely chop the sausage.
- Add chopped sausage to the bowl of crumbs. Stir in parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Divide sausage mixture evenly among mini peppers, pressing mixture firmly into peppers.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crumbs are browned.