Saltine Bark with Assorted Toppings
This recipe was developed for Schär by Chef Sarah Green, a Culinary Institute of America graduate specializing in gluten-free food.
|17.4 oz||Table Crackers|
|1/4 tsp||kosher salt|
|6 tbsp||butter, unsalted, melted|
|1 + 2/3 cups||chocolate chips, semi sweet|
|1/4 cup||dried cherries, roughly chopped|
|1/4 cup||pecans, roughly chopped|
|1/4 cup||coconut flakes, unsweetened|
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the table crackers and salt in a food processor and pulse until they form a loose sand like texture, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, and toss with the melted butter until evenly coated. Next, add the egg white and mix thoroughly until the consistency of wet sand is achieved.
- Turn the crumb mixture onto a 9x13¼ sheet pan and press down making sure to get into each corner. Bake the crust in the 350 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the crust and evenly sprinkle the semisweet chocolate chips onto the still warm crust. Place back in the oven for 3 minutes, giving the chocolate time to melt.