White Oven Bread Loaf
Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread. This delicious soft, yet crunchy loaf can be enjoyed with a simple spread of butter or filled with your favourite sandwhich fillings.
|500 g||Mix it! Universal|
|2 tsp||dried yeast|
|1 tbsp||skimmed milk powder|
|1 1/2 tbsp||sunflower oil|
|425 ml||tepid water|
- Place the Mix It into a large bowl, add the yeast, salt and milk powder, using a metal spoon mix together well.
- Add the oil and blend into the dry ingredients with a fork, add the warm water (1/3 boiling, 2/3rds cold) and beat together with a wooden spoon for 1 minute until all the ingredients are blended together and the mixture is smooth.
- DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- Spoon the batter into the oiled tin. Cover with lightly oiled cling and place in a warm place for 45 minutes or until the dough has risen level or nearly to the top of the tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Leave to stand in the tin for 2 minutes, then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Gluten free bread does not keep well after 1 day, freeze once cool in desired slices or per ½ loaf.
Use a 1 x 2lb loaf tin approx. 23cm x 13cm x 7cm, oiled