A simple yet delicious cupcake to be enjoyed at any occasion.
|For the dough:|
|165 g||Mix it! Universal|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|110 g||caster sugar|
|2 large||eggs, beaten|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|For the decoration:|
|100 g||butter, softened|
|200 g||icing sugar|
|75 g||dark chocolate|
- Place the butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and beat well for 1 – 2 minutes using an electric mixer until the mixture is light and pale.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk a further 2 minutes.
- Place between 40 – 50g of mixture into each cupcake case depending on cupcake case size.
- Bake in the oven 20 – 25 minutes until well risen.
To make the topping
- Beat together the butter and icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of hot water or carefully melt in a microwave.
- Pour the chocolate into the buttercream and mix well.
- Pipe onto the tops of the cupcakes before the mixture becomes hard and too difficult to pipe.