Soft lemon cookies
Want a fresh lemon? How about a cookie with a fresh lemon? Impossible to resist!
|125 g||butter, lactose free|
|250 g||Mix it! Universal|
|1/2 tsp||xanthan gum|
|100 g||icing sugar|
|a little bit of||lemon juice|
- Whip the butter and sugar until the mixture is foamy, add the egg and yolk and work the mixture until it is smooth. Add the grated lemon rind.
- Mix the flour with the xanthan, add to mixture and stir briefly. Let the dough sit in the refrigerator for an hour. The dough should be soft.
- Now roll into balls the size of a walnut and place them on a baking sheet lined with oven parchment, at some distance from each other, because the biscuits will tend to widen.
- Preheat the oven, then bake the biscuits at a temperature of 170° C (with both lower and upper elements) for 12-14 minutes, until the lower edge takes on a lovely amber colour. Mix powdered sugar with the lemon juice to create a glaze that is not too dense.
- Sprinkle the still warm biscuits with the glaze and let them cool on the baking sheet. Store them in a tin.
- Tip: Instead of lemons you can also use organic oranges.