Get in the christmas spirit with these traditional mince pies.
|200 g||Mix it! Universal|
|15 g||caster sugar|
|1-2 tbsp||cold water|
|411 g||minced meat|
|50 ml||orange juice|
- Place Mix it! and caster sugar in a bowl, cut the butter into cubes and rub into the Mix it! Make a well in the centre and add the egg and water before stirring together to combine.
- Hand bring the mixture together to form a ball.
- Chill for 20 minutes before transferring to a work surfaced sprinkled with mix it! and kneading for 1-2 minutes until pliable.
- Roll out to desired thiness and cut with a cookie cutter to place in muffin tin.
- Place the mincemeat in a jar and combine with grated apple, zest of 1/2 lemon and the orange jucie.
- Fill pastry case with mincemeat mix and top with desired pastry, whether that be a full lid or shape.
- Brush over with egg to provide colour during the bake.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes .