Gingerbread Christmas cookies
A really easy recipe which is fun to decorate - perfect for encouraging little ones into the kitchen!
|For melting mix:|
|75 g||Muscovado sugar|
|75 g||golden syrup|
|For the rest:|
|300 g||Mix it! Universal|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||xanthan gum|
|to taste||sugar pearls (colored)|
|to taste||food colouring|
- Combine gluten free melting mix ingredients in a covered bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Stir and set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Stir Mix It! Universal and xanthan gum into the melting mix. Stir in the egg using a wooden spoon and then by hand.
- Bring together to make a sticky ball of biscuit dough.
- Cut out 18-20 rectangular pieces of baking parchment paper (depending on shape cutter size) just a little bigger than the chosen cookie design. Divide dough into balls.
- Place the divided dough balls onto the individual pieces of baking parchment paper. One by one roll out dough to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Push cutter into rolled out dough. Pull away excess dough and rest cookie (still on the paper) onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make use of all the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just starting to brown. Allow to cool and go crisp before removing from the paper.
- When Christmas trees come out of the oven, whilst still warm place a hole with a skewer into the top of the tree if you wish to use as a Christmas tree decoration.
- Decorate with piped glace icing and any other edible accessories as desired and store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days favourite.