Cookie Butter Banana Bites
A frozen, sweet summer treat, these Gluten Free cookie butter banana bites are the perfect way to cool down and chill out this summer.
|1 packet||Chocolate Shorts|
|2 1/2 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|2 tbsp||melted butter|
|1 tbsp||icing sugar|
|2 cups||dark chocolate|
|1/2 cup||white chocolate chips|
To make the cookie butter:
- Put the cookies in a blender and pulse until they’re finely ground crumbs.
- Add the vegetable oil and melted butter and blend until smooth, around 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and blend until combined.
- Pour the Cookie Butter in a jar or container with an air-tight seal. Refrigerate to set, around 1 hour.
- If you are not making banana bites, serve and store at room temperature, but eat within a few days.
To make the banana bites:
- Cut the bananas into 1/4 inch round slices.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread a dollop of cookie butter on one side of a banana slice and sandwich it with another slice.
- Set the newly formed banana sandwich on the cookie sheet. Repeat until you use all the Cookie Butter.
- Freeze the banana sandwiches for 2 hours.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and butter slowly in the microwave, taking it out to stir every 10-15 seconds until smooth.
- Drop one frozen banana sandwich into the chocolate. Using a fork, be sure the banana is completely covered by chocolate, and remove it from the bowl.
- Set it back onto the parchment paper.
- Dip each banana sandwich in to the chocolate. When they have all been dipped, return them to the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring between, until smooth.
- Pull the banana bites out of the freezer. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the banana bites and return them to the freezer.
- After 30 minutes pull them off the parchment and put them in a plastic, airtight container.
- Store in the freezer and eat frozen.