Chocolate Pudding Pie
Whether for a holiday or just because, this Chocolate Pudding Pie is the perfect dessert to make any time feel special.
|2 packets||Chocolate Shorts|
|2 1/4 cups||whole milk|
|3 tbsp||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2 tbsp||corn starch|
|140 g||chocolate chips, semi sweet|
|2 tbsp (pieces)||butter|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|2 cups||whipped cream|
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C .
- In a food processor, place 5 sleeves (25 pieces) of cookies and pulse until a fine crumb. Continue pulsing until it begins to stick together, around one minute in total.
- Dump crumbs into a nine inch pie plate and press to the bottom and sides. Bake crust for 10 minutes, until starting to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt, and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, continuing to whisk, for 2 minutes, until the pudding begins to thicken.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Add a cup of the hot milk mixture slowly while whisking. Pour this mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture.
- Cook the pudding, continuing to whisk, until it comes to a boil. Let boil, while whisking, for one minute.
- Put the chocolate, butter, and vanilla into a medium bowl. Strain the pudding using a fine mesh strainer over the chocolate and butter.
- This removes any possible cooked egg pieces. Whisk everything until the chocolate and butter are melted and evenly incorporated.
- Pour pudding into the pie crust. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour and up to two days.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.