Cherry Berry Breakfast Muffins
Everyone always loves a muffin, the blueberries in these keep them moist and the cherry preserve makes them burst with flavour. These can be simply sprinkled with Demerera sugar or to impress, flavoured duo buttercream.
|For the dough:|
|250 g||Mix it! Universal|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||spice mixture|
|115 g||light brown sugar|
|85 g||unsalted butter|
|115 g 3,5% fat||plain yoghurt|
|85 g||cherry conserve|
|For the topping:|
|100 g||butter at room temperature|
|250 g||icing sugar|
|1/2 tsp||lemon extract|
|1 tsp||berry jam|
- Preheat the oven. Put 8 - 9 paper muffin cases in a muffin bun tray.
- Sieve the mix it, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl, stir in the sugar and blueberries (cut large blueberries in half).
- Melt the butter then lightly beat it together with the yogurt and egg, along with the cherry conserve, stir until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mix and carefully fold in, do not over mix.
- Place 2 dessertspoon of mix into each muffin case. Sprinkle with the demerera sugar if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious warm or cold.
- Decorate if desired. Beat the butter and icing sugar together in a bowl, add the milk to soften slightly.
- Divide mixture in two and add lemon extract to half and the berry jam to the other half.
- Place each into a piping bag or duo bag and then into a piping bag with nozzle.
- Decorate the muffins with swirls of the two tone buttercream.