It’s unbelievable that us Brits are very picky when it comes to our toast, from “singe shade” to butter coverage, it’s all about personal preference.
A recent You Gov survey revealed that butter is still the longstanding favourite toast topping, with nearly three quarters (73%) liking it on a slice. Butter is far more popular than its butter-lookalikes, with only 30% liking margarine/spread on their toast. When it comes to cheese 51% of Brits like it on their toast, while a similar proportion (50%) like jam.
When it comes to preserve preference, marmalade splits the generations. Just on in six (17%) of 18-24 year olds like it on their toast, a figure which jumps to more than six in ten (62%) for Brits aged 65 or older. By contrast, chocolate spreads go in the other direction. While 46% of young people like toppings such as Nutella on their toast, older consumers just don’t seem to have the same sweet tooth as this figure drops to a mere 7%.
Why all the toast talk?
Great quality and choice is our bread and butter, as Europe’s favourite in gluten free we want the nation to inspire with their toast toppings. And in doing so, spread the word about all the spreads that are indeed gluten free.
A winner each week
To be in with a chance of winning 1 of 5 breadtastic prizes, follow the simple steps below…
- Take a picture of your gluten free toast – bread, spread, toppings, it all needs to be gluten free
- Post it to one of our social channels.
If posting to Facebook;
- Like us at Facebook.com/ScharglutenfreeUK
- Post your toast to our wall with the # #postyourtoast
If posting to Twitter
- Follow us at Twitter.com/Schar_UK
- Tweet us your toast with the # #postyourtoast
If posting to Instagram
- Follow us on Instagram.com/ScharglutenfreeUK
- Post your toast and tag our handle, include the #postyourtoast in the caption
- We’ll regularly be sharing your toasts and spreads but the winners will be contacted by direct message on the Friday of each week; Friday 10th November, Friday 17th November, Friday 24th November, Friday 1st December, Friday 8th December
Good to know
Terms and conditions to post your toast:
- By taking part in this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is open to UK and Irish residents (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland) excluding employees and their immediate families of Schär (the “Promoter”), and any company affiliated with the organisation, their agents or any other persons professionally connected with the draw.
- To enter post a picture of your gluten free toast to Schär’s social channels following the steps above
- Each winner will receive a hamper of Schär gluten free
- The opening date and time for receipt of entries is midnight on the 3rd November and the closing date and time for receipt of entries is the 7th December
- The winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries received by the closing dates under independent supervision. The winner(s) will be notified by direct message. Prize must be claimed within 7 days of the initial notification. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners; however, if the prizes are not claimed within 7 days a re-draw will take place.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to replace entire prizes or prize components with prizes of equal or greater value.
- The prize winner may be required to participate in and give their consent to gluten-free related publicity including their names and photographs being used for promotional purposes and/or reasonable requests to take part in the Promoters’ publicity.
- Prizes are awarded at the promoter's discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Promoter: Schär, 401 Faraday Street, Birchwood Park, Warrington WA3 6GA