Chocolate and marzipan torte
A chocolate cake is a perfect option for countless occasions; birthdays, anniversaries, or even if you just want a sweet treat for yourself ! This chocolate marzipan cake is sinfully delicious, and you can decorate it however you want.
|120 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|100 g||chocolate chips|
|200 g||dark chocolate glaze|
|For the decoration:|
|1 tbsp||icing sugar|
|2 drop||red food colouring|
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (on the fan setting) and grease a round cake tin (at least 26 cm wide) and dust your work surface with flour.
- Cut the marzipan for the dough into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 whole eggs, 4 egg yolks, 50 g sugar and the scraped out vanilla pod into a bowel, and stir until it forms a creamy mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until you achieve stiff peaks. Then add the remaining 50g sugar and briefly continue beating.
- Slide the stiff egg whites onto the creamy mixture.
- Mix the sieved flour with cocoa powder and, together with the chocolate chips, fold into the batter.
- Spread the finished batter into the cake tin and cook in the oven for approx. 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the tin, remove the baking paper and allow the cake to cool.
- Spread the melted glaze over the cake.
- To decorate: Knead the marzipan together with some icing sugar and roll out over a surface dusted with icing sugar.
- Cut out circles with a 3-4 cm diameter and cut in half.
- Make little pockets with them. Place a little piece of maraschino cherry in each.
- Dye the remaining marzipan with 1 drop of red food dye, roll it out and cut out little heart shapes. Pop these heart shapes onto the cake.