A sweet made with intensely flavoured leavened dough, with a tasty filling of delicious raisins or chopped walnuts.
|500 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|3 tbsp||brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||grated lemon peel|
|1 package||dry yeast|
|21 g||fresh yeast|
|30 g||butter at room temperature|
|450 ml||lukewarm milk|
|a little bit of||milk|
|a little bit of||pearl sugar|
- Put the raisins in boiling water for about 2 minutes and then drain them.
- When using fresh yeast, dissolve it in the lukewarm milk and cane sugar mixture. Then continue with the next steps.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar, lemon zest and dry yeast.
- Beat the egg yolk and butter with the milk and add to the flour.
- Knead until it becomes a soft puffy dough.
- Finally add the raisins.
- Let the dough sit in a warm place for about an hour.
- Divide the dough in half and form three rolls from each half. If necessary, add more flour.
- Form two braids.
- Place braids on a baking sheet covered with oven parchment and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Brush with milk and egg yolk.
- Sprinkle with sugar granules and bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 30 minutes.
- The dough can also be used to make raisin buns.
- Shape into balls with wet hands, place them on oven parchment and let sit as shown above.