Whole wheat apple cake
A delicious and healthy recipe for apple lovers! A recipe by Chef Sandra Maciel.
|For the dough:|
|1 1/2 cups||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1/2 cup||whole grain rice flour|
|2 tsp||vanilla sugar|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|1/2 cup||melted butter|
|4 cups||Fuji apples with peel, chopped|
|1/2 cup||walnuts, chopped|
|1/2 cup||corinth raisins|
- Wash and cut the apples.
- Add the different sugars.
- Put aside for half an hour until a syrup develops.
- Add the eggs and melted butter.
- Measure and sift the dry ingredients.
- Add them to the mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts and raisins with Mix C Schär (so they don’t sink to the bottom during baking) and fold into the dough.
- Grease and line a rectangular tin (25x35cm) or a round cake tin (25 cm dia.) with baking parchment (grease the parchment as well).
- Bake in the middle of a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Push a wooden cocktail stick into the centre of the cake.
- If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Divide the dough into small cake tins for fairy cakes or use muffin trays. The result are delicious cakes that can be served at parties!