Lasagna goes Vegetarian!
|5 tbsp||olive oil|
|800 g||tomato pulp|
|2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar|
|1 handful||basil leaves|
|1 handful||cherry tomatoes|
|a little bit of||olive oil|
- Chop up the onion, garlic cloves and celery stalks. Shred the carrot.
- Heat 2 tbsps. of oil in a pot.
- Cook the onion, celery, shredded carrot and garlic for 15 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the tomato pulp, water and salt.
- Season with balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the eggplants into cubes, sprinkle with 3 tbsps. of olive oil and roast for 25 minutes.
- Add the eggplants into the sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Build the lasagna: spread quarter of the sauce into an ovenproof dish. Cover with 3 lasagna sheets. Repeat for two more times. Add some mozzarella cheese into 2 other layers. Finish with a layer of sauce.
- Bake the lasagna for 45 to 55 minutes. In half way add some mozzarella on the top of the lasagna.
- Serve with herbs, cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with olive oil.