As the summer evenings are heating up, there’s no better way to cool down than with a fresh tomato soup. It is important to use healthy, ripe tomatoes to create the base of this traditional (and gluten free) Andalusian dish.
|1 kg||ripe tomatoes|
|100 ml||olive oil|
|1||clove of garlic|
|100 g||Serrano ham|
- Put the chopped tomatoes and garlic in the blender.
- Blend until the mixture becomes a liquid purée.
- Put it through a sieve to remove the skin and small seeds from the mixture. (FYI: You can skip this step if you are using a powerful blender.)
- Dice the bread and add it to the tomato purée.
- Add salt and vinegar and beat at high speed until smooth.
- Finally, with the blender on, gradually incorporate the olive oil, beating until it is well mixed.
- Leave it to cool for approximately two hours.
- Decorate with cooked, diced eggs, slices of serrano ham and olive oil.