This is a twist on your traditional berry-based trifle, but it hasn’t lost that boozy edge.
|2 pieces of||Bon Matín|
|2 tbsp||peach jam|
|2 tbsp||apricot jam|
|100 ml||orange juice|
|100 ml||peach juice|
|50 ml||dry Sherry|
|200 ml||whipped cream|
|15 g||pistachios, without shells|
|15 g||peeled almonds|
- Place the peaches and juice in a saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir and leave to cool.
- Cut the sweet breakfast rolls in half lengthways and spread with the jam.
- Slice each half into 4 pieces. Place in a glass dish.
- Leave 6 slices of peach for decoration and cut each remaining slice in half or thirds and place in and around the rolls.
- Pour over the juice and the sherry.
- Cover the rolls and peaches with the custard and leave to cool for 1–2 hours.
- Top with the whipped cream and decorate with the peach slices and nuts.