Three Kings Cake
You cannot enjoy Christmas or Three Kings Day without a good Three Kings cake. Here is a very simple, gluten free recipe to surprise the family with that does not sacrifice any of the flavors of the traditional recipe.
|150 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|40 g (Maizena)||corn flour|
|40 g||rice flour|
|70 ml||lukewarm milk|
|15 g||fresh yeast|
|1 tsp||apple vinegar|
|orange or lemon zest|
|1 tsp||orange blossom water|
|1||egg for brushing|
|wet sugar (with a little bit of water and some drops of orange blossom water)|
|a small gift|
- Weigh all your ingredients. The butter and the egg must be at room temperature.
- Put both kinds of flour and the sugar in a mixing bowl. Warm up the milk and dissolve the fresh yeast into it.
- Add the yeast to the bowl and add the egg. Add the butter.
- Then, add the orange blossom water, the vinegar and the orange zest.
- Mix using the attached dough hook for about 10 minutes, until an even dough is formed.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes. Knead with the mixer for another 10 minutes and let it rest for another 30.
- Sprinkle flour across the countertop and knead the dough by hand. (The dough should be elastic and shouldn’t stick to your hands)
- Shape the cake and leave it to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Decorate the cake after rising. Hide the small gift.
- Brush the surface of the cake with the beaten egg and add the candied fruit.
- Add the sugar and finally, decorate with almond flakes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 200°C, lower the temperature to 180°C and bake for another 15 minutes until golden.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool.